Park & Fly Privacy Statement
Park & Fly is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
It is our intention to protect the privacy of the individual and in so doing, comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. This statement sets out Park & Fly’s commitment to the privacy of personal information.
What type of personal information do Park & Fly collect?
We collect information about you in the course of registering as a customer, communicating with Park & Fly, placing a booking or joining the Frequent Parker Program. This may include
· Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail and car registration.
· Park & Fly is monitored via Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and will collect and store footage.
· A recording of your voice to certain telephone lines for quality assurance
· Preferences for additional services, booking detail and or payment methods may be stored under your profile to allow a quicker booking process.
· If an online payment is taken, Park & Fly do not store your credit card details. All online payment information is handled by Advam who are a Tier 1 accredited Payment Service Provider.
o Further information is available at http://www.advam.com/solutions/web-e-commerce.html
How do we collect information?
Personal information will only be collected directly from you when you deal with us. We may collect your personal information via telephone, e-mail, phone or face-to-face.
Other ways in which we collect personal information include:
· Through the use of ‘cookies’ on our website. A cookie is a very small text file which is stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. This information may be used to identify repeat visitors to our website and areas of interest on our website;
· CCTV Recordings while on premises. All footage is retained for a specific period, after which time it is erased
· A recording of your voice to certain telephone lines for quality assurance
There may be occasions when we collect personal information about you from a third party, such as when a booking is placed via a referral service.
What if you refuse to supply information?
Generally speaking, you are not obliged to provide us with personal information about you. However, failure to do so may mean that we are unable to transact business with you, or provide you with an appropriate level of service.
Opting in or out
At the time of placing a booking you will be given an opportunity to opt out of being contacted in regards to future specials.
You will also generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with this policy. For example, you will be given the option to unsubscribe from e-newsletters and other marketing or promotional material sent by us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email.
If a member of the Frequent Parker Program opts out of receiving information or unsubscribes, Park & Fly cannot be held liable for any consequence stemming from a member not receiving communications. This may include but is not limited to expiry of points, changes to the terms of the program, pricing changes as well as other vital information.
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please write to us at email@example.com
How does Park & Fly use your personal information?
Personal Information collected by Park & Fly is generally used in any of the following ways:
· For purposes relating to our Terms and Conditions with you, including general correspondence and billings;
· To help us develop, improve, manage and administer all of the services we provide to you;
· To ensure that our business systems are functional and reliable, which may include fulfilling legal obligations;
· To conduct marketing activities including market research;
· As part of the investigation into any incidents or occurrences ;
· We may also use your personal information for related purposes such as to notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits which are being offered by Park & Fly or any of our strategic partners.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those set out above without your consent or unless that use is authorised under the Privacy Act 1988. Park & Fly will inform you of how the information will be used and disclosed.
When does Park & Fly disclose personal information to third parties?
Park & Fly will only disclose your personal information to persons or bodies external to Park & Fly where permitted by the Privacy Act 1988, including in the following circumstances:
· where you consent to the disclosure;
· to our contractors so we can provide you with a service that you have requested;
· where required by law such as under a subpoena issued by a court; or for law enforcement or safety purposes, or operational purposes for which the information was collected.
Our contractors have a duty to keep such information confidential and secure. Above all, your personal information will be held in the strictest confidence at all times.
How does Park & Fly protect your personal information?
Park & Fly has security measures designed to provide reasonable protection against misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Such measures include:
· network segregation for sensitive information stored electronically, with access restricted to staff holding appropriate positions;
· firewalls and login password protocols for all information stored electronically;
· secure, access-controlled premises;
· limited access locations for information stored as hard copy;
· confidentiality provisions in all our employment and service contracts;
· registers are maintained of all visitors to any part of our premises where personal information may be stored, and such visitors are required to be accompanied by a member of our staff at all times.
Park & Fly also employs secure methods for the destruction or de-identification of personal information, which is undertaken when permitted by law and where such information is no longer required by us.
What rights do you have to access and correct your personal information held by us?
Park & Fly will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You may request (in writing) access to, and correction of, any of your personal information held by Park & Fly, and such access will be provided and corrections made except where precluded by the Privacy Act 1988.
It is important that you are able to confirm your identity when wishing to access your personal information. Park & Fly will provide the individual with access to the information on request by the individual except to the extent that:
a. providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
b. the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
c. providing access would be unlawful; or
d. in the case of any personal information - providing access would adversely affect the health or pose a threat to the life of any individual.
All requests for access and/or correction will be processed within a reasonable time. In some situations, you may be able to access and correct your personal information directly through our website.
There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge an administrative fee for the provision of information in order to recover costs.
How does Park & Fly control access to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Footage?
CCTV footage is only available to Park & Fly office staff and used for the purpose for incident investigation and related needs.
Aims of the CCTV System
CCTV significantly increases the ability to monitor areas of the Park & Fly and aims to do the following:
· Provide an additional level of security on top of nightly guard patrols
· Assist in the prevention and detection of acts of an unlawful nature
· In a serious breach of security, footage can be provided to law enforcement agencies to assist with the detection and identification of offenders
Park & Fly may need to sight and record identification documents such as Tax File Numbers but Park & Fly will not use a federally assigned identifier such as a Tax File Number as an internal client identifier. Park & Fly will only use or disclose an individual’s federally assigned identifier where:
a. the use of disclosure to the respective Federal authority is required by Park & Fly to fulfil its obligations; or
b. The use or disclosure is permitted under the regulations to the Privacy Act.
You are able to ask questions regarding company services without giving identifying information such as a name address and phone number. However, it may be difficult to supply a great deal of relevant information when Park & Fly does not have your particular details available.
Transport of Data Flow
Park & Fly will forward personal information about an individual to another individual or organisation outside Australia only if:
a. you consent to the information to be forwarded; or
b. the information to be forwarded is integral to the Service Agreement between the you and Park & Fly; or
c. Required by law.
In any event, Park & Fly does not intend to disclose your confidential information overseas.
Queries or Concerns
If you are concerned that Park & Fly may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles you may forward a written complaint or concern regarding a possible breach of the Australian Privacy Principles to the General Manager of Park & Fly by email to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The General Manager of Park & Fly will review your written complaint or concern within 5 business days of receipt and will respond to the complainant with 10 business days of receipt of the written complaint or concern.
Postal Address: Park & Fly, PO Box 618, Mascot 1460
Telephone (02) 8335 4713
Facsimile (02) 8338 1837