> Sydney Airport - Planning Your Arrival
Sydney Airport - Planning Your Arrival
How Long Does it Take to Get from Parking to the Terminals?
When you book your car’s stay online, you will be at the Sydney Airport terminals around 10 minutes after you arrive at Park & Fly. Here’s how it works:
- Booking your car’s stay online before your arrival saves time when you arrive as Park & Fly. We will already have the information about you and your vehicle that we need, so we can skip the majority of the paperwork and focus on processing your automobile.
- When you arrive at Park & Fly, you’ll drop off your keys for your car so that our expert valets can safely park it in our high-end facility. You won’t need to worry about finding your own space or try to locate our office or shuttles after the vehicle is parked.
- After our quick check-in process, we will shuttle you to the Sydney terminals in our shuttle vans. We have two vans equipped for children, making sure that we’ve covered all your needs.
Park & Fly is an affordable and safe car solution while you’re away on your next trip. When you return, you’ll be able to avoid the lines waiting for taxis or Ubers and return home quickly. Book your vehicle with us.
How Long Should You Arrive Before a Domestic Flight?
When flying domestically to other parts of Australia, you should arrive about an hour before the flight’s departure time. If your plane is scheduled to leave during a peak time, you should arrive earlier to ensure that you can get through the lines on time.
You must be at your plane’s boarding gate at least 30 minutes before your flight so that you can board with the rest of the passengers. Failure to arrive on time could result in the crew not allowing you to board. As long as the security process is in full operation, you should be able to reach the gate within 30 minutes after you arrive at the airport.
How Long Should You Arrive Before an International Flight?
While Sydney’s arrival recommendations are vague, we recommend that flyers arrive at the airport three hours before their international flight. As there are a few more security measures when you fly outside of the country, it is a good idea to arrive at the airport a little earlier than normal.
Here are some things to consider:
- When flying domestically, you only have to worry about Australian guidelines. International travel will require you to adhere to other regulations as well. It can take a bit of time to go through pre-clearance for customs, but ensuring that all rules are followed may save you some time when you reach your destination.
- It takes more time to load luggage onto an international flight than it does a domestic flight.
- Your gate may be further away for international flights than they would be for domestic flights, and it may take you longer to reach it.
- If you don’t have luggage, you may be able to arrive at the airport a little bit later.
Schedule yourself plenty of time to ensure that you are able to reach your gate and board your flight on time.
How Early Can You Check-In Bags?
While you can check-in online 24 hours before you leave, most airlines won’t accept luggage until up to 6 hours before the scheduled flight time. You should check in your bag no later than 60-90 minutes before the scheduled flight so that the airline has time to process it and board it onto the plane.
How Early Can You Go Through Security?
Check-in for international flights generally starts three hours before the plane departs. While you can arrive at the airport early, you won’t be able to go through security until 3 hours before your departure, with or without luggage.